Bulloch County Schools recognizes that systematic study of the educational process can contribute significantly to the development and implementation of high-quality instructional programs. While recognizing the value of educational research, the district also has a responsibility to protect students, parents, and staff from invasion of privacy and substantial distraction from teaching and learning.
Criteria for Approval
In order for a research proposal to be approved, it must:
- Benefit students;
- Align with the district’s strategic plan or the school’s improvement plan (these are posted on each school's website);
- Align with state/county curriculum;
- Support other Bulloch County Schools initiatives;
- Assure privacy for students, parents, and staff;
- Minimize disruption to classroom instruction and/or teacher planning time.
Reporting the Results
Within one month of the study’s conclusion, the researcher must submit a one to four page summary of findings to the principal(s) of the school(s) involved in the study and to the Bulloch County Schools’ Curriculum and Instruction Department.
- Complete Research Application Form and submit to the Curriculum and Instruction Department.
- A committee will review the proposal and approve, deny, or request revisions.
- Review of the proposal will take about four weeks. If the proposed research is time sensitive, please indicate so in the project narrative.
- Researcher will be notified of the committee’s decision.
The proposal review committee will include representation from the teaching and administrative staff of Bulloch County Schools, the college/university research community, parents/guardians of Bulloch County School students, and the Bulloch County Board of Education.