- Download the ePub title and save it on your desktop or someplace on your computer you can easily access.
- Launch iTunes and select (Add to Library…) from the File menu.
- Select the eBook/ePub file you downloaded and click the Choose button.
- From iTunes select Books from the list of libraries on the left. The book should now be listed in your iTunes library.
- Connect your iPad to the computer and select it from the list of devices on the left.
- Choose the “Books” tab.
- Check the Sync Books checkbox if it isn’t already enabled. You can sync all books in your library with your iPad, or choose the select books you want to sync to your iPad.
- Now click the Apply or Sync button at the bottom right of the window.
- *You may receive a warning that this will erase all the books on your iPad if this is your first iBooks sync, so you may wish to read up on what this means first. *Click the Sync Books button.
- Once the sync has completed you can open iBooks on your iPad to read your newly transferred title.
- Connect the NOOK to your computer with the included USB cable. NOOK will then show where hard drives and other USB drives show (under My Computer on Windows or on the desktop on Mac). Double-click on the NOOK drive to open it.
- In another window, open the folder where you stored the eBook files on your computer (we recommend downloading and storing them on the desktop or in My Documents in a folder called ‘eBooks’). You can then drag and drop the eBook file(s) from your computer to the “my documents” folder or to the root of the NOOK.
- After the files are finished transferring to the NOOK and BEFORE unplugging the USB cable, you must eject the device from the computer. Removing the USB cable before doing this can cause harm to your eBooks and/or the NOOK. Simply right-click on the NOOK drive and select the undock, eject, or unmount option.
To side load custom books on your Android device, you will need an a separate app to read the epub files. Once such application is Calibre
(See instructions online at http://www.wondershare.com/howtos/read-epub-on-kindle.html)